Why Linen - Facts & tips about Linen
- Linen is made from the fibers of the flax plant
- The flax plant does not require as much water as cotton and is naturally toxin free due to no pesticides used with little to no fertilizer.
- Linen is less harsh on the skin than other materials and assists in decreasing clothes-based skin issues such as eczema and rashes.
- Linen reduces gamma radiation by close to 50% and protects us against solar radiation.
Over-drying linen garments:
If you over-dry linen garments, resulting in it becoming wrinkled.
- Spray it with water and place it in a silicon storage bag
- Place it in a silicone storage bag
- Stick in the freezer for a few hours
- Finish by ironing to remove all creases
Want to read more about the benefits of linen clothes and why it's a healthy and sustainable garment to wear? See our blog on the benefits of wearing linen clothes.